Search This Blog

Disclaimer

Before beginning any exercise regimen, always consult a physician. All suggestions on this blog are just that-- only suggestions. Each individual is responsible for deciding what is best for them.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daily Journal - Physical -Staying committed

By Randy McNeely

In my "Why This Blog" section, I stated my reasons for needing to lose weight. I have several incentives--I  need to bring down my cholesterol, in need more energy, I don't want to wear a C-Pap, I want to be there for my kids and be able to do things with them, etc.

Knowing those things, however, and translating that knowledge into action, are two different things. Like many of you, I don't particularly like exercising. However, I do like how I feel when I have exercised. I feel awake and alert. I feel more energized. I feel a sense of accomplishment for having done it even though I didn't necessarily want to do it. I also like the fact that because of the exercise my weight is going down and I fit into my clothes better (yes men do think of those things too -- though we're not nearly as obsessed about it as women are :-)). 

So, when 4:45 am hits (that's my new wake up time--I'm working toward 4:30 am), an I'm faced with a mind over mattress battle, I force myself to think of those things. If I don't, my king size mattress is way to comfortable and try as I might, I lose the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please always remember to be courteous.