Search This Blog

Disclaimer

Before beginning any exercise regimen, always consult a physician. All suggestions on this blog are just that-- only suggestions. Each individual is responsible for deciding what is best for them.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daily Journal - Spiritual

By Randy McNeely

For my spiritual exercise today I read a bit in the Doctrine and Covenants. I read both section 4 and section 5. Section 4, as many of you know, describes the qualifications for becoming a missionary.  Verse 5 reads:

And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work. 

I've always been struck by the fact that there is a distinction made between charity and love and wondered why. I'm still puzzling this out in my mind. What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. The gospel according to me... Charity is the pure love of Christ, to love as He would. This is a definite plus when you are doing missionary work Maybe love is what gets us through those times when we don't feel so charitable toward those around us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please always remember to be courteous.