Search This Blog

Disclaimer

Before beginning any exercise regimen, always consult a physician. All suggestions on this blog are just that-- only suggestions. Each individual is responsible for deciding what is best for them.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Journal - Spiritual

By Randy McNeely

My journey through the Doctrine and Covenants continues, with a stop today in D&C 11. Every time I read this section I can't help but feel amazed at the Lord's love and wisdom and the great promises made to Hyrum Smith, which, if we live for it, can be ours too. Like Hyrum, if we will follow the Lord's admonition and study the scriptures, we too can be filled with the words of life (spiritual fatness) and have our tongues loosed so that we can be instruments in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth.

I have to ask myself when I read verse seven, "what are earthly riches compared to the riches of eternity? What greater gift can we obtain than wisdom and knowledge from God?" Words cannot describe the sublime feeling that penetrates the soul when pure knowledge from God flows in. This is true joy! Those moments, too sacred to speak of, unless prompted by the Holy Ghost, make an indelible impression on our hearts and minds.

What's even more wonderful, though, is when we have those moments when writing to, speaking to or teaching others.  Then it is that the words of D&C 84:85 which states, "Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man," are literally fulfilled and all are uplifted and edified.

I've had those moments. I know they are real. I hope to have many more as I continue my journey to being spiritually whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please always remember to be courteous.