Search This Blog

Disclaimer

Before beginning any exercise regimen, always consult a physician. All suggestions on this blog are just that-- only suggestions. Each individual is responsible for deciding what is best for them.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spiritually Fat? What is that?

Some of you may be wondering why I used the term "Spiritually Fat" as part of my blog title. As I explained in my original blog, it was inspired by verses in both Isaiah and 2 Nephi which talk about letting your soul "delight in fatness."

So what does that mean to me? To me it means doing all in my power to be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. It means praying with all the energy I possess to be filled with the pure love of Christ, so much so that it exudes from me. I hope some day to have such and abundance of the spirit and love that wherever I go those around me can feel it. I don't mean that in an arrogant way. I want others to want to know Christ because they know me. I'm a long way from that right now (at least I feel I am). We've all been around people like that, though, and found ourselves thinking "I wish I could be like that."

A good friend of mine once shared a story that exemplifies what I'm trying to say. He was walking through  the Los Angeles, CA airport -- LAX. As usual it was very crowded. As you might imagine he was shocked when as he walked through the airport he suddenly felt the Spirit of God so strongly that it almost overpowered him. He stopped dead in his tracks and started looking around him, trying to figure out what was going on. Then he looked over to his right and sitting there waiting for a flight was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Marvin J. Ashton.

Thats what I'm talking about. Oh that I can be that spiritually fat someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please always remember to be courteous.