Search This Blog

Disclaimer

Before beginning any exercise regimen, always consult a physician. All suggestions on this blog are just that-- only suggestions. Each individual is responsible for deciding what is best for them.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Daily Journal - Spiritual

By Randy McNeely

As I indicated in my physical entry, yesterday was not a good day with regard to spiritual feasting. Thank goodness for repentance.

Today I read again in the Doctrine and Covenants, sections 7 and 8. I was struck by several things.

First, I've always been impressed when reading about John the Revelator and the Three Nephites and their desires to live until Christ comes in his glory so that they could bring more souls back to the Kingdom of God. What great love they must have for us. I can't help but wonder how many lives have been changed because of their intervention. I look forward to the day when we will find out!

Second, in reading the Lord's words to Oliver Cowdery in section 8, I was particularly struck by the words in verse 10--"remember that without faith you can do nothing." One of the cross references to the word faith goes to 1 Nephi 7:12. In that verse we are reminded that "...the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him...." That knowledge is a great comfort to me. If we exercise faith in God and do our part, and desire those things that are in accordance with His will,  he will bless us according to our needs. 


Have you gotten your spiritual exercise today? If so, what did you do? How did you feel? Feel free to share you thoughts. I'd love to hear them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please always remember to be courteous.